6 sesame seed burger buns
1 1/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/3 c. red pepper, finely diced
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
1 large shallot, minced
2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. Sriracha
Lettuce, for serving
Tomato slices, for serving
1 avocado, thinly sliced, for serving
- Pulse 2 of the burger buns in the food processor until finely chopped then transfer to a bowl.
- Chop half of the shrimp. Pulse the remaining half of the shrimp in the food processor.
- Scrape the shrimp mixture into a large bowl and fold in the chopped shrimp, 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise, garlic, red pepper, jalapeño, shallot, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties. Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet and cook over medium, turning once, until cooked through, about 9 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup of mayonnaise with the Sriracha. Slather on the bottom buns and top with lettuce, tomato, shrimp burger, avocado, and top bun.