Recipe Servings: 1
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Chickpea Soup Recipe | Soup Recipe: Chickpea soup enhanced with leeks, celery, zucchini, squash, bell peppers and white wine flavours.
Ingredients Of Chickpea Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1/2 Cup Leeks, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chives, finely chopped
- Few Rosemary leaves
- Few sprigs Thyme
- Few sprigs Sage
- 1/4 Zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/4 Yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1 Litre Chickpea stock
- 1/4 Red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 Yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 Green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 150 Gram Chickpeas (skinned)
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 20 Ml White wine
- 30-40 Gram Cheddar cheese, grated
How to Make Chickpea Soup
- 1.In a hot pan add the leeks, celery, onions, garlic, chives, rosemary, thyme and sage.
- 2.Add the chopped zucchini, squash, and bell peppers.
- 3.Add some red chilli flakes, white wine, chickpeas and the chickpea stock.
- 4.Stir and bring to a boil.
- 5.After the soup boils let it simmer for a few minutes and then blitz it.
- 6.While the soup is simmering you can sauté the leftover chickpeas, bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash in olive oil as topping.
- 7.Garnish with grated cheddar cheese